- La Trobe University’s Department of Politics, Media and Philosophy seeks to appoint a Lecturer in Politics and International Relations
- The Faculty especially welcomes applications from candidates who will contribute to the research area Security and Governance in Asia and the Pacific
- This is a permanent, full-time contract at Level B
- Applications close 31 August 2023
- Read more and apply here
About the position
La Trobe University’s Department of Politics, Media and Philosophy seeks to appoint an outstanding academic as Lecturer in Politics and International Relations. This role encompasses teaching, research, and academic service.
The successful applicant will contribute to excellence in teaching and learning across our Politics and International Relations program, including teaching core and elective subjects in the Bachelor of Global Studies, Master of International Relations, and Bachelor of Arts (International Studies and Politics majors).
The appointee will pursue an active scholarly research agenda that aligns with La Trobe University’s Research Strategy and helps the department to develop new relationships with government organisations, community groups and industry partners, both nationally and internationally. The department encourages applicants from all areas of Politics and International Relations to apply, but would especially welcome applications from candidates whose research will contribute to the School of Humanities and Social Sciences’ flagship research area of Security and Governance in Asia and the Pacific.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- A completed PhD in Politics, International Relations or a cognate field.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching, subject design and curriculum development in face-to-face, blended and/or online modes, based on disciplinary expertise in Politics or International Relations.
- Demonstrated capacity to teach across a range of areas within the disciplines of Politics and International Relations.
- Ability to supervise Honours and Higher Degree Research theses.
- Evidence of high quality and/or high impact research conducted and published or otherwise disseminated, relative to opportunity.
- Capacity to build national and international networks and partnerships
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively, collaboratively and productively with staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member in a collaborative and collegial manner.
How to Apply
Please submit an online application and include the following documents:
- Cover letter, including a paragraph outlining your suitability for the position based on information outlined in the PD; and
- An up to date resume
Closing date: By 11:55pm Thursday, 31st August 2023
Click here to apply.