One central component of the ASAA mission is the support and mentoring of postgraduate students. To this end, the ASAA Council includes a position for a postgraduate student representative who acts as an advocate. Further:
- The postgraduate student representatives hosts bi-monthly catch ups online. Registration via the link.
- The postgraduate student representatives facilitate a private Facebook group for postgraduate ASAA members to connect
- Each ASAA Conference hosts special sessions and events for postgraduate students
- A number of postgraduate members are supported to participate in the ASAA Conference through the Conference Awards.
- Asian Currents always welcomes contributions by Postgraduate students to highlight and publicise their research
- Online resources for ECRs and postgraduates, including recordings of workshops and seminars
- A list of other Asian Studies Networks you may like to connect with
- The ASAA convenes a mentoring program linking ECR’s with senior researchers. Postgraduate members will be notified by email when the program opens for EOIs
ASAA Postgraduate catch up sessions happen bi-monthly on the second Thursday of the month, online over Zoom, you can find out more here!
When: Bi-monthly, second Thursday of the month (9 March, 11 May, 13 July, 14 September, 9 November).
Time: 11am-12pm (AEST)
Join via Zoom: https://uqz.zoom.us/j/84824559677
We look forward to seeing you all there!
– Jorien van Beukering and Soyeon Kim, ASAA postgraduate representatives