- ANU is recruiting 2 x Lecturer in Indonesian Studies
- Classification: Academic Level B
- Salary package: $107,475 – $121,857 per annum plus 17% superannuation
- Term: 1 x Full time, Continuing and 1 x full time, fixed term (up to 3 years)
- Applications close 2 Oct 2023
- Read more and apply here
The ANU is seeking two Lecturers with relevant experience to help lead teaching and research in the ANU’s Indonesian language and studies program. The position involves the important work of convening and teaching Indonesian language courses in-person, on ANU campus in Canberra.
In this role you will convene and teach courses (varying from first year to fourth year level) in Indonesian language, applying your relevant skills and experience to build on and enhance the teaching quality and innovation of ANU’s existing Indonesian and Asian language programs. You will also conduct research on an area of theoretical and practical significance on Indonesia which contributes broadly to knowledge on Indonesian humanities, social sciences and/or languages globally.
About the position
The successful candidates will be anticipated to commence in the position in early 2024 and will begin teaching into the Indonesian language program in semester 1, 2024. As the Indonesian language courses are taught in-person on ANU campus, the successful candidates would be required to be based in Canberra by early 2024.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will have a completed PhD in Indonesian studies (broadly defined). You will be fully proficient in Bahasa Indonesia in order to teach at a later year level to undergraduate and postgraduate students and have conducted research or work in Indonesia, utilising your Indonesian language skills at a practical level.
To excel in this role, you will have demonstrated experience in teaching Indonesian at a tertiary institution, and have meaningfully contributed to the development of Indonesian language and studies, such as interacting with relevant (local or global) Indonesian languages and studies communities and organisations.
How to apply
Please clearly state which position you are applying for. If you would like to be considered for both continuing and fixed term, please state that in your cover letter.
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- Statements addressing the selection criteria (maximum 3 pages, addressing each selection criteria with separate headings).
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) of a maximum 4 pages which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, including (for example) but not limited to: PhD Examiner reports, details of any awards, SELTS scores and any other relevant student feedback.
Applications close 2 October 2023. Click here to read more and apply.