One central component of the ASAA mission is the support and mentoring of postgraduate students. To this end, the ASAA Council includes a position for a postgraduate student representative who acts as an advocate. Further:
- The postgraduate student representative hosts monthly catch ups online. Registration via the link.
- Each ASAA Conference hosts special sessions and events for postgraduate students
- A number of postgraduate members is supported to participate in the ASAA Conference through the Conference Awards
- Asian Currents always welcomes contributions by Postgraduate students to highlight and publicise their research
- The ASAA sponsors an Annual Presidents’ Prize and DK Award for the best PhD thesis in Asian Studies
- Online resources for ECRs and postgraduates, including recordings of workshops and seminars
ASAA Postgraduate Members-Only Webinar:
Thursday 5 August, 2021
10am – 11:30am
Over Zoom (registrations here)
In this members-only postgraduate webinar, ASAA postgraduate students will have the opportunity to hear from leading ASAA academics about their experiences of conducting virtual fieldwork in Asia using digital research methods. Panellists will discuss the process of adjusting their research designs to a virtual format throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, using specific research methods and data analysis tools, and the process of working with research partners in the field while travel restrictions remain in place.
The next postgraduate session is scheduled for
Thursday, 12 August, 12:30pm – 1:30pm
Online over Zoom, please register here
We look forward to seeing you all there!
– Elena Williams, ASAA postgraduate representative