Closed 29 September 2017
The ASAA has established a Post-Doctoral Fellowship to assist PhD graduates to develop work for publication. The Fellowship consists of a one-off honorarium of $5,000.
- applicants must be members of the ASAA at the time of application.
- Applicants must have been awarded a PhD no more than seven years before the closing date for applications. For eligibility purposes the award date is the date listed on the applicant’s academic transcript.
- Applicants must not hold a permanent or full-time fixed-term academic position while in receipt of the Fellowship. Those in casual or part-time fixed term academic positions are encouraged to apply, including research assistants who may be classified as professional/general staff.
The ASAA Executive will award the post-doctoral fellowship on the recommendation of a selection committee that will consider both the quality of the applicant and the quality of the proposed publication project. The selection committee will take into account the applicant’s track record relative to opportunity.
Applicants should note that this Fellowship is intended to enable the preparation of a publication. It must be hosted through an Australian university. It is hoped that Fellows will offer any completed manuscript to either the Asian Studies Review or one of the ASAA publication series as appropriate.
Interested applicants should submit an expression of interest to the ASAA Secretary, Professor Sandra Wilson: email@example.com
The application should contain:
- date of award and name of institution awarding PhD.
- statement of employment since PhD graduation.
- list of publications
- description of the .proposed publication that the fellowship will assist in bringing to completion (no more than 500 words)
- statement of the amount of time to be devoted to the project during the period of the fellowship.
- names and addresses of two academic referees.
- a letter of support from a school, department or centre in an Australian university, including a commitment to host the fellowship.