National Library Singapore
Applications close on 27 April 2018.
The Lee Kong Chian Research Fellowship (LKCRF) program started in 2005 and has been awarded to 53 researchers. The Fellowship aims to facilitate new research and publishing about Singapore and Southeast Asian culture, economy and heritage. This will enrich the Southeast Asia-centric collections and resources of the Lee Kong Chian Reference Library at the National Library, Singapore. We welcome talented scholars and researchers to use our resources and services, and to collaborate with us on joint research projects to create new knowledge. The LKCRF will be offered to individuals interested in suggested fields of research identified by the National Library, Singapore.
The George Lyndon Hicks Fellowship for Southeast Asia Collections (GLHF) aims to attract top professionals to work with the National Library Board (NLB) to develop its collections on Singapore and Southeast Asia. Through the Fellowship, NLB also aims to foster partnerships with collectors worldwide. We welcome talented librarians, researchers, curators, archivists and collectors to collaborate with us.
Sydney Southeast Asia Centre (SSEAC)
Reference no. 295/0218
Closing date: 11:30pm Sunday 13 May 2018
- Opportunity to prepare publications and conduct new independent and/or collaborative research
- Located at Camperdown Campus
- Full-time fixed term for 12 months, extendable to two years for high performers, remuneration package: $114Kp.a. which includes base salary, leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
The Sydney Southeast Asia Centre (SSEAC) is Australia’s premier centre for the multidisciplinary study of Southeast Asia, which responds to the complexity of Southeast Asia as a region and to its growing importance in our rapidly changing world. Drawing on the expertise of over 300 academics across a broad range of disciplines, SSEAC supports research excellence; encourages a new generation of Southeast Asia experts; and partners with government, business and civil society groups to address real-world issues.
SSEAC’s postdoctoral positions are available to postdoctoral researchers working on topics related to our five research clusters—economic and social development, environment and resources, health, heritage and the arts, state and society—in any Southeast Asian country (or countries) and in any discipline. This year, we are offering a postdoctoral position in the area of economic and social development.
Appointees, who may sit within the centre or in a relevant host department, are required to spend up to 20% of their time on centre duties, allocated at the discretion of the SSEAC director. The remaining 80% of their time is available for their own research projects, with research targets set in consultation with the SSEAC director. Candidates who have held their PhDs for no more than five (5) years are eligible to apply. Appointments are for one year, with a possible extension for a second year for high-performing appointees.
In this position, you will:
- conduct your individual research according to an agreed timeline and scope
- prepare and submit high-quality publications according to an agreed timeline
- design, plan, schedule and prepare for implementation of future research projects
- contribute to the life of SSEAC through a range of SSEAC-related duties
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate who possesses:
- an interest in social and/or economic development in Southeast Asia
- PhD in a relevant field of study
- experience conducting original research related to Southeast Asia
- experience publishing in high-quality journals
- a willingness and ability to actively contribute to the life of SSEAC
For enquiries about the position, please contact Hiring Manager Prof Michele Ford, Director and Future Fellow on 9351 7797 or at firstname.lastname@example.org