2021 Round: Due 23 April 2021
The ASAA has established a Postdoctoral Writing Grant to assist PhD graduates to develop work for publication. This replaces what was formerly known as the ASAA Postdoctoral Fellowship. The Writing Grant consists of a one-off honorarium of $5,000.
- Applicants must be members of the ASAA at the time of application.
- Applicants must have been awarded a PhD no more than seven years before the closing date for applications. For eligibility purposes the award date is the date listed on the applicant’s academic transcript.
- Applicants must not hold a permanent or full-time fixed-term academic position while in receipt of the Fellowship. Those in casual or part-time fixed term academic positions are encouraged to apply, including research assistants who may be classified as professional/general staff.
The ASAA Executive will award the writing grant on the recommendation of a selection committee that will consider both the quality of the applicant and the quality of the proposed publication project. The selection committee will take into account the applicant’s track record relative to opportunity.
Applicants should note that this Writing Grant is intended to enable the preparation of a publication. It is hoped that award holders will offer any completed manuscript to either the Asian Studies Review or one of the ASAA publication series as appropriate.
Interested applicants should submit an application via the ASAA form below by midnight, Friday April 23, 2021. Further enquiries should be directed to email@example.com.
The application form requests:
- Date of award and name of institution awarding PhD
- Statement of employment since PhD graduation (no more than 500 words)
- List of publications
- Description of the proposed publication that the fellowship will assist in bringing to completion (no more than 500 words)
- Names and addresses of two academic referees